63% of 1,965 rape cases recorded in Delhi in 2018-19 were committed against children, an NGO claimed. Of the 1,965 rape cases, 1,237 were registered under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act, it said.“In the data for crimes against children under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act, we found that 63% of total rapes in Delhi were targeted towards children,” according to a statement released by Praja Foundation. Outer district had the highest number of cases of rape (218), molestation (378) and kidnapping and abduction (863), while northwest district had the highest number of theft cases (12,875) reported in 2018-19, it stated. From 2014-15 to 2018-19, the number of reported rapes dropped by 6% while molestation cases declined by 30% in Delhi, it stated. A total of 4,02,512 cases were to be investigated in Delhi in 2017, of which 35% cases were pending for investigation by the year end.
- Record 71 COVID-19 deaths in 24 hrs take India's toll to 1,008
- 534 new coronavirus cases in Delhi in biggest spike in a day
- Fourth consecutive single-dayhigh in Delhi COVID-19 cases
- Queens man, 80, is arrested over cold-case killings of two 19-year-old women who were strangled and shot in Virginia Beach 44 years ago
- The ‘Curious’ Case of Low COVID-19 Death Rate in India
- Covid-19 state tally: No new cases in Delhi, tally at 10,054; 8 more deaths reported
- 63 new COVID cases in Karnataka
- Elgar Parishad case | Delhi HC says NIA acted in haste in taking Navlakha to Mumbai
- Coronavirus state-wise tally May 15: Confirmed COVID-19 cases in Delhi cross 8,400
- Fox Fall 2018-19 Schedule: Multi-Camera Comedy Block On Friday, ‘9-1-1’ Moves To Monday, ‘The Orville’ Returns In December
63% of 1,965 rape cases recorded in Delhi in 2018-19 were under POCSO Act: NGO have 256 words, post on www.thehindu.com at December 11, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.