[JEON TAE-GYU] As K-pop becomes increasingly global, it’s not uncommon to see comments left in English, Japanese or Chinese on YouTube videos or articles from fans all around the world. But boy band B.I.G started to notice that they were getting love from a different set of fans when they saw comments in Arabic all over their music videos and on social media. So they decided to reach out to those fans and thank them for their support in a unique way. B.I.G made their debut in July 2014 as a five-member group, with members J-Hoon, Benji, Gunmin, Gook Min-pyo and Heedo. Their first single “Hello” attracted the attention of listeners for its addictive hook and its distinctly Korean vibe – the song’s lyrics that showed off the best of Korea, like the “fastest internet” and “kimchi, tteokgalbi, bulgogi and samgyeopsal.” But after the group failed to catch on amid the heated K-pop music scene where more and more groups make their debut every year, the group decided to take a hiatus that ended up lasting for two years. Although members Gunmin and Heedo participated in KBS’s music program “The Unit” (2017), where already-debuted K-pop groups from smaller companies fought… Read full this story
- Firefly Music Festival dream come true: West Chester fan plays drums with The Killers
- Young pianist's dream comes true after performing live with The Killers
- Homecoming queen dream comes true for Riley McCoy, the girl who can’t go out in the sun
- Sheer magic as Wishaw charity makes two young girls' dreams come true
- How Old Firm legends set rivalry aside to make Irvine boy's dream come true
- Le Mans a dream come true for trio
- Disney workers fighting to make dreams come true
- Can you help this lovely Gateshead lad's dream come true with a specialist bike?
- For Blaine’s Matt Hendricks, joining Wild ‘a dream come true’
- Through all the adversity, Long Beach City College graduate’s dream comes true
B.I.G’s dreams come true thanks to Arab fans: After covering a hit song in Arabic, the group gained a devoted following abroad have 332 words, post on koreajoongangdaily.joins.com at December 6, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.