BOISE, Idaho (AP) — A jury has found a Boise woman guilty of abusing an elderly couple she worked for as a caregiver. Sherri L. Watring, 53, was arrested in January and charged with two counts of abuse and neglect of vulnerable adult and one count of exploitation of a vulnerable adult . An Ada County jury convicted her of all the charges on Wednesday after a three-day trial. Prosecutors said she worked as a caregiver for an elderly couple between 2016 and 2018, using her power of attorney to take money from the couple and denying the elderly woman adequate medical treatment and nutrition. Prosecutors also said that when the elderly man died in Feb. 2018, Watring had him cremated and didn’t tell his family about it. They say when she fired from the job weeks later, she took the ashes with her, spread them in a location unknown to the family and later turned the empty urn over to police. The elderly woman died while under hospice care in June of 2018. Watring is scheduled to sentenced on March 6. She faces a maximum of up to 10 years in prison for each abuse charge.
- I-Team: Watertown Long-Term Care Facility Investigated For Possible Abuse, Neglect
- Major probe into why woman who kept toddler in cage was allowed to look after kids after trying to sell a baby for £1m
- Twisted woman who trapped toddler, 2, in homemade cage says she has ‘no regrets’ as she dodges jail
- California DA responds to attacks against elderly Asians, as activists claim coronavirus pandemic to blame
- Is Your Mom or Dad Being Abused?
- Case involving video of woman being abused: Neighbour arrested and charged
- Woman testifies about her anger when her son told her his stepfather abused him sexually from age 8
- Poverty forces families in Myanmar to ditch their elderly
- Married couple who ran Boat Quay nightclubs found guilty in Singapore's first labour trafficking conviction
- Trust placed on teachers shouldn't be 'trivialised': MOE on comments that sexually exploited boy was 'lucky'
Boise woman convicted of elder abuse, neglect, exploitation have 323 words, post on apnews.com at December 20, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.