Korean and Chinese business leaders and politicians gather at a meeting hosted by the Korea Chamber of Commerce and Industry in central Seoul on Thursday. Participants included: Park Yong-maan, chairman of the Korea Chamber of Commerce and Industry, front row fifth from left, former speaker of the National Assembly Chung Sye-kyun and Zeng Peiyan, chairman at China Center for International Economic Exchanges. [YONHAP]Business leaders from Korea and China called for the swift signing of a trade pact between major Asian economies, Australia and New Zealand amid growing concerns that the deal might fall through.Dubbed the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP), the leaders of 15 Asia-Pacific countries including Korea, China, Australia, New Zealand and the 10 Asean nations agreed on a framework for an agreement last month to boost commerce among members.The partnership was initially intended to include 16 countries, but India pulled out last month due to fears for the livelihood of its farmers, a surprise move that prompted Japan to reconsider joining.Korean and Chinese business chiefs and politicians including SK Chairman Chey Tae-won, Hyundai Motor’s Euisun Chung and Alibaba Group’s Vice President Gao Hongbing expressed their support for the passage of RCEP at a meeting hosted by the Korea… Read full this story
- Good intent, but what matters is execution: Business heads
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JAN. 31
- ASEAN Secretariat invites India for meeting on RCEP in Bali
- UK GDP: Osborne hails triple-dip escape as sign of 'healing economy'
- Interest rates left at 0.75% amid signs of rebound for UK economy
- J. Crew hires former head of Victoria's Secret as its new CEO
- Telltale Signs That You Shouldn't Be Raising Venture Capital
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JAN. 25
- Bank of Canada fourth-quarter survey says business sentiment 'broadly positive,' labor market tightening
- Southern signs marijuana contract with Advanced Biomedics despite power struggle at firm
Business heads call for RCEP to be signed have 304 words, post on koreajoongangdaily.joins.com at December 6, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.