A week after Meet the Press host Chuck Todd accused Sen. John Kennedy (R-LA) of pushing Russian propaganda on Ukraine, the NBC News anchor forcefully confronted GOP Sen. Ted Cruz over the Texas lawmaker’s belief that Ukraine meddled in the 2016 election. With the House of Representatives heading towards an impeachment vote, Cruz argued on Sunday that Democrats haven’t yet proven that the president violated any laws, insisting that Trump was just concerned about “investigating corruption” when he pressured Ukraine to announce an investigation into former Vice President Joe Biden. “What I don’t understand is why do you believe that if an American is committing corruption we should have a foreign government to announce an investigation,” Todd wondered aloud. “Is that appropriate or do you go to American authorities?” “So, I believe any president, any Justice Department has the authority to investigate corruption,” Crus responded. “In this case, there was serious evidence on the face of corruption. The reason Hunter Biden got that position is because his daddy was vice president.” Todd, meanwhile, pressed forward and asked the conservative senator whether or not he believed that Ukraine meddled in the election—a talking point that has gained more traction among Republicans… Read full this story
- Who won Super Tuesday? Results, speeches and pictures from the US election's crunch night
- ‘It’s Bull****’: Trump Aide Reveals Extent of ‘Russian Meddling’ in 2016 Race to Secret FBI Source
- Giuliani & Co. Plot New Biden Probes as Trump’s Ukraine Team Lies in Ruin
- Moscow Accused of Meddling in US Election, Kiev Actually Does It: Here's Proof
- Russia Says U.S. 'Unwillingness' Is Threatening Major Nuclear Weapons Deal
- Lawmakers cry foul as Trump considers retreating from Open Skies Treaty
- Diamond and Silk Hit Back at Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook 'Censorship': 'We Are Not Terrorists'
- In Standing by Trump, Republican Leaders Continue to Put Party Over Country
- The Hill's Morning Report - Sanders repeats with NH primary win, but with narrower victory
- National Enquirer Endorses Trump, Calls Rubio ‘Nerdy’
Chuck Todd Laces Into Ted Cruz for Saying Ukraine Meddled in 2016 Election have 326 words, post on www.thedailybeast.com at December 8, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.