For seven decades, America’s strength, security and prosperity have been underpinned by our unmatched network of treaty alliances, cemented in shared democratic values and a recognition of our common security. But after three years of Donald Trump’s insults and antics, our alliances are under enormous strain. The damage done by the president’s hostility toward our closest partners was on full display at this week’s gathering of Nato leaders in London, which should have been an unequivocal celebration of the 70th anniversary of the most successful alliance in history. The success of Nato was not inevitable, easy or obvious. It is a remarkable and hard-won accomplishment, and one based on a recognition that the United States does not become stronger by weakening our allies. But that is just what Trump has done, repeatedly and deliberately. He treats our partners as burdens while embracing autocrats from Moscow to Pyongyang. He has cast doubt on the US commitment to Nato at a moment when a resurgent Russia threatens our institutions and freedoms. He has blindsided our partners on the ground in Syria by ordering a precipitate and uncoordinated withdrawal. He has attempted to shake down South Korea and Japan, evidently mistaking our security… Read full this story
- Robert Redford Calls Out Donald Trump’s “Failed Leadership” In COVID Crisis
- The 17 Best Jokes About Donald Trump From His 2011 Comedy Central Roast
- Donald Trump Uses Albany Rally to Criticize Delegate System Yet Again
- Donald Trump says the US will bill China MORE than $160BILLION for coronavirus damage as he claims country could have stopped the spread sooner
- Exclusive — Donald Trump Jr. on Father Scaling Back Coronavirus Press Briefings: ‘You Can’t Win’ with Establishment Media
- Donald Trump tries to calm mounting alarm over food shortages as meat processing plants close tweeting that 'there is no shortage of meat heading for grocery stores'
- Donald Trump puts himself at the heart of the 'lockdown rebellion' tweeting 'LIBERATE' Michigan, Virginia and Minnesota in broadside at Democratic governors day after saying they 'call the shots'
- Twitter co-founder Evan Williams believes Donald Trump is 'master' of the micro-blogging site
- Donald Trump turns the switch
- US presidential race: Hillary Clinton endorses Joe Biden's bid to challenge Donald Trump
Donald Trump has destroyed American leadership – I'll restore it have 370 words, post on www.theguardian.com at December 8, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.