WASHINGTON (AP) — The House will vote on the impeachment of President Donald Trump this week after spending the past three months investigating the president’s dealings in Ukraine and deciding whether his behavior was grave enough to qualify as high crimes and misdemeanors. The House Judiciary Committee on Friday approved two articles of impeachment against Trump: abuse of power and obstruction of Congress. The vote came after a bitter two-day debate in which Democrats said it was their duty to impeach and furious Republicans defended the president and battled over process. The articles charge that Trump abused his power and betrayed the nation as he urged Ukraine to investigate his political rivals and withheld military aid to that allied country, as well as a White House meeting for its president. What’s next in impeachment: HOUSE VOTE House leaders are preparing for the final impeachment vote just as lawmakers are about to leave for the holiday break. Approval would set up a 2020 trial in the Senate. Votes on the two articles could come as soon as Wednesday, with a meeting to set debate rules already scheduled for Tuesday. Floor consideration is expected to be much like that of a regular… Read full this story
- House Republicans sue to stop historic proxy voting plan designed to reduce lawmakers' risk of getting coronavirus
- South Dakota Attorney General Ravnsborg impeached over conduct following fatal car crash
- Rep. Fred Upton, who voted to impeach Trump, to retire from office
- South Dakota attorney general impeached over fatal car crash
- Impeachment vote sets up challenge for Biden and new Senate: The Note
- Report: McConnell Lauded Dems for Launching Trump Impeachment Trial
- Can senators stop Roy Moore from taking his Senate seat? Chapter and verse
- Analysis: 3 GOP senators buck party to back Biden court pick
- One of the last normal Republicans just retired. What now?
- Republicans May Have Finally Found Something They’ll Impeach Their Own For: Killing Someone
House vote, and on to the Senate: What's next in impeachment have 314 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at December 16, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.