Interior of the Emart24 branch in Janggi-dong in Gimpo, Gyeonggi, the first cashier-less autonomous checkout convenience store in Korea. [EMART 24] They say it is the first cashier-less autonomous checkout convenience store in Korea. The robotic shop, an Emart24, is in Janggi-dong in Gimpo, Gyeonggi.In the store, there is not a single checkout counter or cashier to scan barcodes on products or to take cash or credit. Items are checked out automatically. The company says that this is possible because it uses artificial intelligence (AI) to manage every corner of the 46-square-meter (495-square-foot) store with cameras and sensors. Thirty-one cameras on the ceiling can track up to 10 customers at the same time. Sensors installed on the shelves are AI’s greatest ally. The sensors detect a product’s weight and size. As of Nov. 13, this store was selling around 790 items. Every product had been checked by AI. From a bottle of drinking water to a pack of gum, AI processed all the weights and shapes through deep learning technology before they were stocked in the store. After this cataloging, AI can recognize which items a customer checks out from the store no matter how small it may be.“Even Pepero,… Read full this story
- Injecting AI into Healthcare: Medical Innovators Harness NVIDIA Tools for AI-Powered Future
- Small Businesses Need to Get Ready for AI
- How Chip and PIN Credit Cards Work
- Nervous Shoppers Ditching Cards for Cash at Target and Other Stores
- Neiman Marcus Is The Latest Store To Have Credit Card Data Hacked
- Will carrying a credit card balance boost your credit score?
- Sex Robots and Love-Score Apps: This Is the Future of Dating
- Chili’s Says ‘Data Incident’ May Have Exposed Credit Card Numbers
- Audi’s AI:ME Is a Realistic Pod for the Near-Term Self-Driving Future
- SETI Phone Home: Harnessing AI in Search of Aliens
In AI store, future is now, credit or debit have 308 words, post on koreajoongangdaily.joins.com at December 3, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.