Rep. Zoe LofgrenZoe Ellen LofgrenKoch campaign touts bipartisan group behind ag labor immigration bill On The Money: Lawmakers strike spending deal | US, China reach limited trade deal ahead of tariff deadline | Lighthizer fails to quell GOP angst over new NAFTA Judiciary members battle over whether GOP treated fairly in impeachment hearings MORE (D-Calif.) on Tuesday accused Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnellAddison (Mitch) Mitchell McConnellPoll: Support for impeaching and removing Trump dips McConnell tees up votes on 13 Trump judicial picks ahead of break Conway says White House sees ‘no reason’ to bow to Democratic witness demands MORE (R-Ky.) of “rigging” an expected impeachment trial in the Senate.“I can’t believe what I’m seeing in the Senate,” Lofgren, a member of the House Judiciary Committee, told CNN’s “New Day.””It’s a trial and you’re supposed to hear evidence and then take an oath to do a just verdict,” she said. ADVERTISEMENT“It looks like Senator McConnell is rigging this trial,” Lofgren added. “If I were the President, I’d be concerned. He wants to be exonerated. He’s not going to be exonerated if the trial is rigged. Everyone will know that he’s guilty but got off.”[email protected]: “It looks like Senator McConnell is rigging this trial…. Read full this story
- McConnell does not expect possible Senate impeachment trial to lead to Trump's ouster
- GOP is already thinking about how to turn a Senate impeachment trial to Trump’s advantage
- McConnell: If Trump impeachment trial were held today, 'it would not lead to a removal'
- Mitch McConnell: If Trump Impeachment Trial Were Held Today ‘It Would Not Lead To A Removal’
- How Senators Say They're Preparing—Or Why They Aren't—For an Impeachment Trial
- Republicans Debating Whether to Call the Bidens as Witnesses in Impeachment Trial
- Impeachment trial would be test for chief justice already attacked by Trump
- Senators push for deal on impeachment trial rules to avoid political brawl
- McConnell Wants to Wrap Up Trump Impeachment Trial By Christmas, Says Senate Will Hold Trial If House Votes to Impeach
- Fox News Guest Tom Fitton Says Mitch McConnell Should 'Change the Rules' in Senate to 'Kill' Impeachment Trial
Judiciary Democrat: Looks like McConnell is 'rigging' Senate impeachment trial have 354 words, post on thehill.com at December 17, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.