“Frozen 2” continues to rule the local box office, but the film has led to a few local controversies. [WALT DISNEY COMPANY KOREA]The story of Elsa’s and Anna’s adventure into the unknown dominated the weekend box office for the second consecutive week, possibly setting the film up to break a record set by “Frozen,” (2014) when it reached the 10-million-ticket sales mark in just 46 days. The Disney film drew 2.6 million people to theaters over the weekend through 2,368 screenings. In total, the film has sold over 8.5 million tickets in 11 days – 16 days earlier than when the first film had reached the same mark. Meanwhile the popularity of the film has led to series of unexpected controversies: For one, due to the film’s dominance in Korean theaters, a local non-governmental organization, the Public Welfare Committee, filed a complaint to the Seoul Central District Prosecutors’ Office saying that the Disney film had monopolized local cinemas after taking up about 88 percent of the total screens in the country. The group’s argument is that Disney tends to reap huge profits in a short time, but during that time, it limits consumers’ choices and violates the law. Another controversy… Read full this story
- Shots fired at Sinn Féin office
- Northumbria Police officers sing out to show support for mental health
- Kilmarnock boxing legend Tom Brown on six decades in fight game
- U2 sell-outs help 3Arena to €53m box office sales
- Paul Hayward: 'Masterclass in intensity ensures showtime finale to title race will be box-office'
- Prosecutors seek new sentence for officer who killed black teenager
- Workaholics: 3 Reasons to Resolve to Take Back Your Weekend
- New collection points for sharp boxes in East Cambridgeshire
- Sporting outclass FBT International Academy; narrowly beat Bedford Town at weekend
- Second drink-drive arrest after van crashes and rolls into nearby field
[KOREAN BOX OFFICE] ‘Frozen’ remains queen of the local box office in second weekend have 300 words, post on koreajoongangdaily.joins.com at December 3, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.