Shares ended lower Thursday as investors remained cautious about the ongoing trade conflict between the United States and China. The Korean won fell against the dollar.The benchmark Kospi fell 8.15 points, or 0.39 percent, to close at 2,060.74. Trading volume was moderate at 463 million shares worth 4.5 trillion won ($3.8 billion).News that Washington and Beijing are nearing a phase-one trade deal buoyed the stock markets in early morning trade, but the main index retreated as investors took a wait-and-see attitude toward progress in a yearlong trade war between the world’s two biggest economies.Trump said Wednesday that discussions with China are going very well, giving a boost to Asian stocks. But investors remain concerned about his earlier comments that he had “no deadline” and doesn’t mind waiting another year before striking a deal with China, analysts said. While attending a NATO summit in London Tuesday, Trump suggested “the idea of waiting until after the election,” which is set to take place in November.Tensions between the United States and China resurfaced last week after Trump signed a legislation that supports Hong Kong protesters. “Investors appear to be doubtful about reports that the two sides are set to strike a deal that… Read full this story
- [email protected]: ASX to open lower after trade uncertainty roils Wall Street
- Home/ Business/ China US trade tensions Resolving trade issues 'a long-term effort'
- Home/ Business/ China US trade tensions Trump's tariffs will harm US businesses, intl trade framework, experts warn
- Stocks slide as trade grap widens
- ASX follows Wall Street sell-off amid growing trade concerns
- Dow falls more than 300 points, stocks sink as trade tensions increase
- CN welcomes federal infrastructure investment in Vancouver supporting trade with Asia, Canadian economy
- Escalating trade tensions fuel uncertainty for Oregon businesses
- ‘The number one threat’: Trade spat to keep stock markets volatile, say experts
- Uganda SGR Faces More Uncertainty
Kospi inches down due to trade uncertainties have 309 words, post on koreajoongangdaily.joins.com at December 6, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.