By Michael Hurley, CBS Boston FOXBORO (CBS ) — All week long, from the moment last week’s game over the Bills concluded, the message coming out of the mouths of Patriots coaches and players was simple and direct: Next week against Miami is a playoff game. Now that the “playoff game” has concluded, you’re left to make one of two choices. You either have to believe that the Patriots didn’t actually believe Sunday’s home date against the Dolphins was a playoff game. Or you have to believe that when faced with a must-win situation, even at home against a bad team, the Patriots aren’t good enough to win. There may be merit to both schools of thought, but the bottom line is that the Patriots knew exactly what was on the line when they took the field on Sunday against a 4-11 Dolphins team. The Patriots simply got outplayed. And now they’ll have to play next weekend. As a result, the folks who have spent their Sundays for the past 10 or so years shouting that the sky is falling … they get to have their day in the sun. All of the obvious weaknesses and all of the areas of concerns reared their ugly heads… Read full this story
- New England Patriots news: Tom Brady has been working out at Gillette, continues to skip OTAs (report)
- What Bill Belichick had to say about Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski’s attendance at minicamp
- Tom Brady talks retirement, anthem protests with Oprah Winfrey
- Tom Brady Voted #1 NFL Player For 2nd Straight Season
- Tom Brady talks retirement, anthem protests in Oprah interview
- Tom Brady’s Personal Guru Is a Glorified Snake-Oil Salesman
- In interview with Oprah, Tom Brady praises impact of players kneeling during the anthem
- What we learned from Oprah Winfrey’s interview with Tom Brady
- Tom Brady, New England Patriots QB, says OTAs are 'important for everybody' but he missed them for 'personal reasons'
- What NFL players said about voting Tom Brady No. 1
Tom Brady Not Great, Defense Even Worse And Other Leftover Patriots Thoughts have 327 words, post on boston.cbslocal.com at December 29, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.