Volvo India has just launched the all new XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol for Rs 39.90 lakh (ex-showroom, India). The all new SUV is now Volvo’s smallest offering that features a petrol engine, in the entry level segment.
The all new XC40 T4 R-Design looks like a very sporty SUV, and the exteriors feature a unique tail lamp design, two-tome exteriors, large wheel aches, diamond cut alloy wheels, a panoramic sunroof, and an electronic tailgate.
The interiors of the Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design feature a black leather finish with aluminum inserts, two-zone climate control, a 12.3-inch fully digital instrument cluster, a 9.0-inch infotainment system that is Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatible, and wireless charging for smartphones.
Other technology installed on the XC40 T4 R-Design include radar based active safety, adaptive cruise control, lane mitigation, run-off road protection, roll stability control, a distance alert, rear and front parking assist, a still body cage, and seven airbags.
At the heart of Volvo’s new SUV is a BS-VI compliant, 2.0-litre, four-cylinder petrol engine that produces 190bhp of power and 300Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to an eight-speed Geartronic transmission.
The XC40 T4 R-Design will be available in six different colours – Crystal White Pearl, Bursting Blue, Glacier Silver, Onyx Black, Thunder Grey and Fusion Red.
Volvo’s XC40 T4 R-Design is the first petrol offering in the entry-level SUV segment. The SUV is the first ever luxury car to win the ‘Premium Car Award 2019 by the Indian Car Of The Year jury. The XC40 T4 R-Design is also won the European Car of the Year award in 2018.
Thoughts About The XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Model Launched In India
While most cars or SUVs of this size look fairly similar to each other, Volvo seems to have stepped up the game. The XC40 T4 R-Design looks very different as compared to other cars in its segment.
The engine sounds like it means business, and the safety features seem like the company is truly offering a best in class SUV at the entry level. We’re waiting to test the car out for sure!
- Hyundai Grand i10 Nios launched, starts at Rs 4.99 lakh
- Fiat Chrysler launches the new Jeep Wrangler at Rs 63.94 lakh
- Volvo XC40 is an attractive option
- ‘Kotigobba 3 team charged with forgery, can’t use footage till they pay Rs 88.8 lakh’
- India: Rs 500,000 cover for 100 million poor families announced under Ayushman Bharat
- Volvo XC40 is European Car of Year
- Six of top 10 cos add Rs 1.15 lakh cr in m-cap; HDFC Bank, HUL sparkle
- PE investment in real estate rises 19 pc to Rs 39,182 cr: C&W
- Samsung to launch India-first smartphones to counter Chinese rivals
- WhatsApp launches India tip line to curb fake news during polls