Shares gained across the board thanks to the growth of banking stocks. — Photo cafef.vn HÀ NỘI — Shares gained across the board thanks to the growth of banking stocks. The benchmark VN-Index on the Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange rose 0.59 per cent to end the morning trade at 984.45 points. More than 87.2 million shares were traded on the southern bourse, worth VND1.7 trillion (US$73.5 million). The index edged down 0.03 per cent to close Monday at 978.63 points. The large-cap VN30-Index climbed 0.87 per cent to close at 905.23 points with 18 of the 30 largest stocks by market capitalisation and trading liquidity gaining. On a sector basis, healthcare, logistics and seafood processing lost ground. On the opposite side, insurance, real estate, securities, information and technology, oil and gas, banking, agriculture, rubber production, food and beverage, retail and construction were among the gaining sectors. Bank stocks continued to expand. VPBank (VPB) rose by 4.4 per cent to VND23,500 per share with 2.7 million shares matched, Vietinbank (CTG) increased by 1.2 per cent to VND25,400 per share, Military Bank (MBB) climbed by 1.6 per cent to VND22,350 per share. On the Ha Noi Stock Exchange, the HNX-Index climbed… Read full this story
- Deutsche Bank’s CEO Is Running Out of Options
- Stocks 'Santa rally' crushed by Fed rate hike while Bank of England blames Brexit turmoil for slowing economy
- US markets sink again while Bank of England blames Brexit turmoil for slowing economy
- Why making money from shares just got a lot trickier
- Wall Street, banks, and angry citizens
- Asia shares round out rough week with fresh losses
- Business review 2018: House prices soar, Ryanair and bank shares fall but food exports surge
- Saxo Bank's crazy predictions: Apple buying Tesla, Netflix stock crashing & solar flair causes chaos
- Saxo Bank's crazy predictions: Apple buying Tesla, Netflix stock crashing & solar flare causes chaos
- Can you pick five stocks that will beat the market in 2019?
Bank stocks push share up have 312 words, post on bizhub.vn at January 21, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.