The killer Chinese coronavirus that is sweeping across Asia and has now killed 17 people may already be in Britain, health experts admitted today as China is set to ban anyone leaving the outbreak city of Wuhan. Wuhan, which has a population of 11 million, is closing its transport networks and ordering citizens not to leave the city except in the case of special circumstances, state media said. Heathrow passengers from Wuhan were placed in isolation to contain a deadly outbreak today, and the UK Foreign Office advised against ‘all but essential travel’ to the Chinese city. Health chiefs have now raised the threat level in the UK, and one professor said this morning the outbreak currently has a death rate similar to the global Spanish Flu pandemic in 1918, which went on to kill more than 50million people. Leading scientists have also today warned up to 10,000 patients may have caught the SARS-like virus in Wuhan – more than double the previous estimate. Wuhan officials have today ordered all residents to wear face masks in public places. The World Health Organisation (WHO) today provided an update saying they need to know more about the outbreak before declaring an international emergency. Dr… Read full this story
- Dogs like Boo can mean the difference between life and death for veterans
- Brit hero trained in Afghanistan war zone so ‘knew he could help victims of the Manchester Arena bomb’
- Team of amputee veterans inspired millions when they rowed for 46 46 back-breaking days across the Atlantic
- Brit hero trained in Afghanistan war zone so he knew he could help victims of the Manchester Arena bomb
- Teenager jailed for spate of acid attacks on streets of London
Deadly coronavirus 'could ALREADY be in Britain': Heathrow passengers from Wuhan are placed in isolation as death toll soars to 17 and China prepares to ban ANYONE from leaving city of 11m have 274 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 22, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.