An oil spill.— Illustrative Photo baochinhphu.vn HÀ NỘI — Deputy Prime Minister Trịnh Đình Dũng has approved a national plan to respond to oil spills. The move aims to help promptly deal with oil spills, minimise the number of oil spills and reduce the damage by oil spills on the environment, economy and society. The plan tackles several oil spill possibilities, such as spills from oil tankers, spills due to broken pipelines and spills at oil refinery factory, among others. To handle oil spills, the plan pointed out major solutions, such as strengthening human resources, perfecting policies and mechanisms, enhancing international co-operation and ensuring enough facilities to deal with oil spills, he added. Dũng assigned the National Committee for Natural Disaster Response and Search and Rescue to receive and verify information related to oil spills then issue an action plan and work with relevant units to fix the situation. The committee was told to set up a special team with participants from ministries, sectors and localities to quickly respond to major oil spills and assist localities to fix minor oil spills, he said. If the committee could not deal with a large oil spill, it should request Prime Minister Nguyễn… Read full this story
- Deputy PM okays underground shopping centre at Ben Thanh station
- Evidence of the Oil Spill Was Obvious, But Was It a Crime?
- CITGO responds to oil spill in Calcasieu River
- Oil spill wreaks havoc in La Lizama, Santander
- Sunlight weakens chemical dispersants used to cleanup oil spills, research shows
- Trump ramps up Arctic drilling leases where an oil spill would be impossible to contain or clean up
- Indonesia Removes Pertamina Chief After Oil Spill, Other Issues
- 8 years after BP oil spill, thousands of medical claims still not paid
- General Honore, BP Health Victims Call for Justice as 8th Anniversary of BP Oil Spill Approaches
- New oil spill fleet arriving in Prince William Sound as Crowley prepares to exit
Deputy PM okays national plan to respond to oil spills have 328 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at January 22, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.