Donald Trump says America has a plan to contain the spread of a deadly new virus from China after the first case was confirmed in the states. The President, speaking at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, praised the Centers for Disease Control and said the situation was being handled ‘very well’. The first case of coronavirus was confirmed in Washington state on Tuesday when an unnamed man in his 30s was hospitalized after returning home from China. The deadly new coronavirus, a SARS-like disease, has killed 17 and sickened at least 518 people in China after it is thought to have spread into humans from a seafood market ’which illegally traded wild animals’ in the city of Wuhan. Trump said: ‘The CDC has been terrific, very great professionals. We’re in very good shape and I think China is in very good shape also.’ Scroll down for video Donald Trump says the US ‘has a plan’ to contain the spread of the coronavirus after the first US case was confirmed in Washington state The virus is thought to have originated at a seafood market in the city of Wuhan, China, before spreading across the country, and then to Japan, Thailand, Taiwan,… Read full this story
- Ebola claims six more lives as the DRC's death toll reaches 170
- US midterm elections live: Donald Trump congratulates himself on 'Big Win'
- California fire is deadliest in US history as death toll climbs to 42
- Donald Trump’s highs and lows as president as voters head to the polls across America for the US midterm elections
- Game of Thrones cast and HBO producers slam Donald Trump for using their Winter is Coming trademark in sanctions meme
- ‘A fine-tuned machine’ : Trump’s White House, year one
- Trump administration privately doubts Saudi role in Khashoggi death, White House sources say
- California wildfire rescuers searching for dead as toll rises to 25
- The Latest: Russia, China block US statement on Turkey at UN
- The Latest: Despite US, Turkey says Syria mission continues.
Donald Trump says he 'has a plan' to contain China's killer virus after it spread to US: Man in his 30s is hospitalized as death toll from SARS-like coronavirus hits nine and health chiefs poise to declare global emergency have 327 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 22, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.