NEW DELHI: Kick-starting the long overdue process for integration among the Army, Navy and IAF, chief of defence staff General Bipin Rawat has directed his tri-Service integrated defence staff (IDS) to prepare a plan for the creation of an Air Defence Command (ADC) as well as “common logistics support pools” for the armed forces. The “proposal” for the ADC should be prepared by June 30, said General Rawat, while also setting out “the priorities for execution of synergy” among the armed forces in different arenas in a time-bound manner by December 31. “Some of the areas identified for jointness and synergy include creation of common logistics support pools in stations where two or more Services are located. The Army and Navy, for instance, should share their logistics in Mumbai to avoid duplication and save resources. The CDS also said efforts will be made to cut out infructuous ceremonial activities, which are manpower intensive,” said an official. “While emphasising the collegiate system of functioning, General Rawat directed that all three Services and the Coast Guard must be consulted and their views obtained in a time-bound manner. Decisions, however, will be taken to ensure optimisation of resources,” he added. If and when… Read full this story
- Coronavirus: More than 10,000 armed forces staff put on standby over COVID-19 spread
- ‘Our medical teams a call away’: CDS General Bipin Rawat
- Former chief of Defence 'shocked' at video of Australian SAS soldier killing unarmed Afghan man
- Air Force general to run key city functions - VIDEO
- Indian Air Force may lease aerial refuelling tanker craft
- Transcript: Philip Breedlove, former NATO supreme allied commander, on "Intelligence Matters"
- In new Defence Procurement Procedure, MoD creates category for leasing equipment
- Defence PSUs sound alarm over lack of orders & under-utilisation of production facilities
- Proposed UN resolution would support Sudan’s peace efforts
- Supermarkets join forces to feed the nation - including sharing deliveries and stock after government relaxes competition rules
General Rawat proposes setting up of an integrated Air Defence Command and common logistics for armed forces have 312 words, post on timesofindia.indiatimes.com at January 2, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.