Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s announcement that they are stepping back as ‘senior royals’ is just the latest problem to trouble the House of Windsor in the past few years. As The Queen, Prince Charles and Prince William scramble to work out their next step, royal insiders have given their view on what led to what they’re calling the “Sussex situation”. The Duke and Duchesses announced they want to become financially independent and ‘carve out a progressive new role within the royal family’ on Wednesday. This came just months after Prince Andrew – the Duke of York – stepped down from royal duties amid accusations that he had sex with Jeffrey Epstein’s alleged ‘sex slave’ Virginia Roberts when she was just 17. He has continuously denied these accusations. Insiders claim that three key events in 2017 led to chaos within the royal family, including The Duke of Edinburgh retiring from public life and rows between the Prince of Wales, Prince William and Prince Harry on the 20th anniversary of Princess Diana’s death. But the main finger of blame is being pointed at The Queen’s ‘weak’ new private secretary Sir Edward Young, who “doesn’t have the strength of character” of his… Read full this story
- Prince Harry: Duke broke this key Royal Family rule when travelling to see Meghan Markle
- Prince Andrew Asked the BBC to Air Eugenie's Upcoming Wedding and They Said No, Fearing a 'Flop'
- Sarah Ferguson addresses ex-husband Prince Andrew’s ties to Jeffrey Epstein
- Kate, Meghan, and the Royal Family Are All Smiles at Christmas Day Church Service
- Duchess of York, Sarah Ferguson, caught on tape trying to sell access to ex-husband, Prince Andrew
- MIRREN'S 'QUEEN' MAY BE ROYAL PAIN
- Kate Middleton was 'put in very difficult position' by the Queen before William proposed
- Meghan Marke's royal baby will get THIS freedom that Kate's children will NEVER have
- Princess Mary ‘dubbed Australia’s Kate Middleton’ can now act on behalf of Denmark Queen
- Royal rejection: The one thing you should NEVER say if you want to work for the Queen
How Queen lost her grip on Royal Family from Megxit to the Prince Andrew scandal have 336 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at January 12, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.