James Blunt, singer-songwriter I’d been telling my mates that I was going to be a professional musician since I was 14. When I was a captain in the British army in Kosovo, I had a guitar strapped to my tank. After I left the military, I did some demos for EMI and outside afterwards I lost my balance on my motorbike and smashed the guitar that had survived a war zone. Everyone was laughing. Needless to say, I didn’t get signed by EMI. One day I was on the underground in London and saw an ex-girlfriend with her new boyfriend. Our eyes met, but we just walked past each other, and I went home and wrote the words to You’re Beautiful in two minutes. I went to see my songwriter friend Sacha Skarbek in Los Angeles, and, with Amanda Ghost as a co-writer, we finished the song. It’s always been portrayed as romantic, but it’s actually a bit creepy. It’s about a guy (me) who’s high and stalking someone else’s girlfriend on the subway. But everyone has those moments where you wonder: “What if I’d said something?” I played it on the 25th floor of a hotel at the South… Read full this story
- Priyanka's heartfelt message for friend Meghan Markle
- The 20 best films of 2017
- 'I'm so excited I'll run down the aisle': Eugenie reveals it was 'love at first sight' with her groom-to-be – and she'd told her mother about him within hours of their first meeting
- TALK OF THE TOWN: Jerry Hall and Rupert Murdoch snap up a little place in the Oxfordshire countryside... for £11million
- Stunning Rhian Sugden transforms from Page 3 legend to OAP at the hands of Oscar-winning make-up artist — but how will the public react to amazing snaps?
- Ellie Goulding and Caspar Jopling share first kiss as husband and wife - details
- Frozen 2 fans convinced Queen Elsa is gay and girlfriend is revealed in new trailer as mystery redhead makes appearance in Arendelle
- Piers Morgan dodges Ofcom rap over his ‘penguin’ identity after record-breaking 1,000 complaints
- The black princess who 'took on a white world'
- The 25 Best Horror Movies Since
James Blunt: how we made You're Beautiful have 362 words, post on www.theguardian.com at January 14, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.