The Indian men’s hockey team’s Olympic qualification is done and dusted. The tough journey starts now with the Manpreet Singh-led side set to test their skills and preparedness against the best teams in the world in the Pro League over the next six months, starting with two matches against the Netherlands over the weekend.Defender Rupinder Pal Singh conceded that the next six months would be crucial for India as they will clash with the best in the business to know where they stand before the Olympics.Ever since their quarter-final exit from the World Cup in December 2018, India have barely played against a top team. Though the side toured Australia and Belgium in May last year, the hosts fielded second-string squads, with the latter fielding their U-21 squad. But even a heavily-depleted Australia hammered a full-strength India 4-0 and 5-2 in Perth.India’s only major achievement in an otherwise uneventful 2019—they didn’t play even a single top team—was qualifying for the Tokyo Olympics by beating Russia. But 2020 promises to produce high-octane action in the build up to the quadrennial games in July-August.“Playing the Pro League will be amazing. Facing top teams continuously will be very good…. Read full this story
- Tough task awaits Indians in World Artistic Gymnastics Championships
- Ron Wilson as head coach in Vancouver is a jarring reminder of U.S. hockey team's Nagano trash-fest
- Lake Placid 'Miracle' lives on for 1980 U.S. hockey team defenseman, Islanders alum Ken Morrow
- Canada gets things right as Olympic hockey team rolls over Germany, 8-2, and faces Russia Wednesday
- Chris Mullin won't wait for Knicks GM post, takes gig at ESPN; Another tough test for Raymond Felton
- United States men's hockey team opens Olympic tournament with 3-1 win over Switzerland
- Blue Hens' aerial attack still not passing muster with tough test at Maine looming
- A 2018–19 NHL Season Preview Of Every Team, From Best To Islanders
- Mario Lemieux slams NHL over punishment following Islanders-Penguins brawl, says league 'failed'
- At Princeton, Aaron Voros' old coach has built a Top 10 team
Pro League: Tough test awaits Indian hockey team have 335 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at January 16, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.