The Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics published the December 2019 jobs report on Friday, which shows that the economy has continued to perform well leading into the fourth year of President Trump’s tenure. According to the report , the U.S. economy added 145,000 new jobs during the month of December, and the unemployment rate has remained at 3.5% — a fifty-year low — for the second month in a row. In total, the U.S. economy added 2.1 million jobs during 2019. The White House Council of Economic Advisors published a press release on Friday putting the economic growth into perspective. “The U.S. economy needs to create around 70,000 jobs a month to keep pace with working-age population growth. Any employment growth above this level is typically from workers coming off the sidelines,” reads the press release. “With employment gains surpassing 100,000 in 34 of the 37 months since the 2016 election, and the economy adding jobs in each month, this is precisely what is happening under President Trump,” the press release continues. While the December growth has been great for the economy as a whole, certain industries hired more workers than others. The report notes that 41,000 jobs… Read full this story
- Dutch unemployment rate continues to fall, hits pre-crisis low
- Record number of workers move to new job in show of strength for economy
- Romania’s unemployment rate down to 3.31 pct in December 2018
- Road deaths fall to record low in 2018
- Will savings rates continue to nudge higher in 2019?
- Bottles and cans deposit return scheme can create new jobs, minister says
- Scottish unemployment rate at record low, latest statistics indicate
- Romania’s unemployment rate falls to decades-low level
- Northern Ireland's jobless rate at near record low
- Next government should create 100,000 new jobs, says Green League
Record-Low Unemployment Rate Continues, 145,000 New Jobs In December have 282 words, post on www.dailywire.com at January 10, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.