Midfielder Nguyen Trong Hieu of the V.League 1’s Hai Phong is one of the notable names in the 36-player squad for the third gathering of the U19 Vietnam team this year. Nguyen Trong Hieu of Hai Phong is expected to shine in the near future. Photo vinalive.vn For the training camp from August 20 to August 30, coach Philippe Troussier selected a lot of new players for the upcoming AFC U19 Football Championship to be held in Uzbekistan later this year. The French coach said he has found many good players not only for the upcoming season but also “bright gems” for Vietnamese football looking towards the 2026 World Cup. One of the “gems that need to be honed” is Hieu. “Hieu has a big figure and a very quick reaction. He has the qualities of a good player. This is his first time for the U19 team, so it takes time to adapt. I think he will be qualified and deserves to have a place in the national team through what he has shown,” said Troussier. Hieu was born in 2001 in Hai Phong and attended the junior football training centre of Hai Phong before being promoted to train… Read full this story
- May concert guide for Phoenix: Chris Stapleton, Zac Brown Band, the Weeknd, Chainsmokers
- Will possible No. 1 MLB draft pick Brendan McKay be used as a pitcher or hitter?
- Matt Harvey proves he should start All-Star Game at Citi Field
- Winter concerts for Phoenix: Green Day, Bon Jovi, Ariana Grande, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Shins, Jake Owen
- College Football Countdown | No. 126: Eastern Michigan
V.League: Nguyen Trong Hieu a raw gem needs to be honed have 261 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at January 9, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.