Email By political reporter Jade Macmillan Updated February 14, 2020 10:50:26 Photo: There is no definite end date to the travel restrictions. (Reuters: Aly Song) Related Story: China’s Hubei province reports 242 new coronavirus deaths and 14,840 new cases Related Story: Australia extends China travel ban another week amid coronavirus threat Related Story: Students caught in coronavirus ban head for third countries to see out quarantine period Map: Australia Ongoing fears about the COVID-19 coronavirus have led the Federal Government to extend its ban on travellers from mainland China to Australia for at least another week. So what does it mean for the thousands of students stuck overseas and the businesses struggling to cope?How long will the ban be in place?The travel ban prevents anyone other than Australian citizens or permanent residents and their immediate families from travelling to Australia from China.The restrictions were originally put in place for a fortnight and were due to expire this Saturday, February 15.However, Prime Minister Scott Morrison announced it will be extended for another seven days, until at least February 22, and then reviewed weekly.People who are allowed to return to Australia are still being asked to isolate themselves for 14 days from… Read full this story
- Where Does The Insight Come From For Serious Think Tank Members?
- North Korea's Threats and China's Lukewarm Response
- Briefly In Borneo: AFS Sight Inspection
- Interview With Frank McGee, Author of "A Song for the World"
- Bed Bugs are Making a Comeback - Here is What to Do to Make Sure You Don't Suffer
- Slackers Need Not Apply
- True Inconvenience
- Suicide and Euthanasia - An Overview
- Help in Finding God's Will For Major Life Decisions Part 2 of 3 Parts
- Do Bacteria Cause Cancer?
As COVID-19 coronavirus fears persist, what implications does the China travel ban have for Australia? have 276 words, post on www.abc.net.au at February 14, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.