(CNN)NASA astronaut Christina Koch made the most of her first trip to the International Space Station by breaking the record for the longest single spaceflight by a woman and conducting the first all-female spacewalk with fellow NASA astronaut Jessica Meir. “We caught each other’s eye and we knew that we were really honored with this opportunity to inspire so many, and just hearing our voices talk to Mission Control, knowing two female voices had never been on the loops, solving those problems together outside — it was a really special feeling,” Koch said of that first spacewalk, on October 18. Koch returns to Earth on Thursday along with European Space Agency astronaut Luca Parmitano and Russian cosmonaut Alexander Skvortsov. During her mission, Koch completed six spacewalks — including another two with Meir — and spent 42 hours and 15 minutes outside of the station. Koch during a January 15 spacewalk. Koch also devoted much of her time to a variety of experiments and investigations. The space station acts as an orbiting laboratory that can be used to test how different aspects of everyday human life on Earth react to the lack of gravity. Astronaut takes stunning picture of her best… Read full this story
- Sajal Ali praying for safety of everyone as record-breaking rain batters Karachi
- Lewis Burton goes shirtless as he basks in the Marbella sun with pals... after breaking 14-day quarantine rules to jet off 8 days on from Ibiza trip
- Bella Thorne amps up the glamour in a pastel silk dress as she earns a record-breaking $2 million in her first WEEK on OnlyFans
- India presses ahead with reopening as daily coronavirus caseload surges to record-breaking high
- Erie Man Catches Record-Breaking Brown Trout From Lake Erie
- Record-Breaking Streak of Spare The Air Alerts Continues
- COVID-19 | Delhi records highest single-day spike in 59 days with 2,312 cases
- Wall Street’s Dow Back in the Black for 2020, S&P 500 Makes Record for 6th Day
- Seven MILLION people are told to evacuate as powerful typhoon approaches southern Japan with warnings of record-breaking rain and wind 'strong enough to flip cars'
- Twins Bob, Mike Bryan end record-breaking doubles career
Astronaut Christina Koch spent a record-breaking 328 days in space. Here's what she did have 348 words, post on edition.cnn.com at February 5, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.