CORONAVIRUS has now killed over 500 people, with tens of thousands of people infected. While China is still the worst affected, nearby countries such as Thailand have also been badly hit. Read our coronavirus live blog for all the latest news and updates Countries and destinations around China are all stepping up on safety measures to prevent the spread of the virus, with some restricting travel. Before you travel, here’s what you need to know:Is it safe to travel to Hong Kong? There have been confirmed cases of coronavirus in Hong Kong, a special administrative region (SAR) of China.It is connected to mainland China by road and as of February 4, the region has closed almost all border crossings with mainland China indefinitely – the only exceptions are the Shenzhen Bay Checkpoint and the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macau Bridge. Kai Tak Cruise and Ocean terminals are now also closed to the public indefinitely. According to the UK Foreign Office (FCO): “All ferry crossings between Hong Kong and mainland China, and Hong Kong and Macao will also cease. “There has also been a significant reduction in flights between mainland China and Hong Kong, though some flights are still operating.”For international travellers, there are… Read full this story
- A military crackdown in Hong Kong would backfire on China's economy
- China's Biggest Propaganda Agency Buys Ads on Facebook and Twitter to Smear Protesters in Hong Kong
- Cathay Pacific CEO Resigns, Airline Releases Cryptic Statement About Hong Kong
- Ask The Travel Expert: What is the ideal time to go on a trip to Europe?
- Minister in Charge of Japan’s Cybersecurity Says He Has Never Used a Computer
- Apple issues voluntary recall on certain AC adapters and travel adapter kits
- Best UK plans for international calling and travel
- Time (Zone) Travelers
- Travelling abroad? Don't forget your passport, visa and etiquette
- Flights out of Hong Kong canceled again amid protests
Coronavirus travel advice – is it safe to travel to Hong Kong, Singapore and Japan? have 306 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at February 6, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.