Americas News Fed’s Powell says economy in good place, warns on coronavirus Wednesday, Feb 12, 2020,17:02 (GMT+7) Fed’s Powell says economy in good place, warns on coronavirus Federal Reserve Board Chairman Jerome Powell testifies before the House Financial Services Committee during a hearing featuring the semi-annual Monetary Policy Report, on Capitol Hill in Washington, U.S., February 11, 2020 – PHOTO: REUTERS WASHINGTON (REUTERS) – Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell told Congress on Tuesday that the U.S. economy is in a good place, even as he cited the potential threat from the coronavirus in China and concerns about the economy’s long-term health. With risks like trade policy uncertainty receding and global growth stabilizing, “we find the U.S. economy in a very good place, performing well,” Powell told the U.S. House of Representatives Financial Services Committee. The U.S. economic expansion, now in its 11th year, is the longest on record. “There is no reason why the expansion can’t continue,” he said, repeating the central bank’s view that its current target range for short-term borrowing costs, between 1.50% and 1.75%, is “appropriate” to keep the expansion on track. But, he said, the outbreak of the new coronavirus will impact China and its close neighbors and trading partners,… Read full this story
- The Latest: Powell says Fed working on inflation policy
- NY Fed's Williams says economy, monetary policy in a good place: CNBC
- How Kristen Bell Found Her ‘Good Place’: Motherhood, a Brand New Show, and Balance
- Devin Booker on close friend D’Angelo Russell: ‘He’s in a good place’
- Colin Powell says Trump's foreign policy 'is in shambles,' Republican Party needs to 'get a grip'
- Tories would surprise even Enoch Powell, says Kenneth Clarke
- Ex-Fed Prosecutor Says Giuliani Lacks Too Much 'Attention to Detail' to be on Trump's Defense Team: 'Forgot to Zip Up His Pants'
- The US Federal Reserve has created a 'false economy', Trump says
- Powell rallies Seton Hall over Xavier 80-70 for 7th straight
- Fed minutes: Policymakers see rates on hold amid downside risks to US economy
Fed's Powell says economy in good place, warns on coronavirus have 341 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at February 12, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.