International Football to provide safety-net for unpaid players Wednesday, Feb 12, 2020,16:51 (GMT+7) Football to provide safety-net for unpaid players Philippe Piat, President of FIFPro, the world soccer players’ union, addresses a news conference in Brussels, Belgium, September 18, 2015 – PHOTO: REUTERS ZURICH (REUTERS) – A fund has been set up to help footballers who are left without wages when their clubs fall into financial difficulties or go out of business, global soccer body FIFA said on Tuesday. The world players’ union FIFPRO estimates that around 50 clubs in 20 countries — mainly in Eastern Europe and Asia — have shut in the last five years, leaving hundreds of players without pay. In many cases, FIFPRO says, the clubs have been quickly re-established with only a slight tweak to the name. FIFA said in a statement on Tuesday that it had reached an agreement with FIFPRO to set aside US$16 million for the fund up to 2022. “While these grants will not cover the full amount of salaries owed to players, this fund will provide an important safety net,” it said. FIFPRO president Philippe Piat said players were “plunged into uncertainty and hardship” when their clubs closed down. “Many of these clubs have… Read full this story
- New NFL Safety Rule Encourages Players To Take Out More Aggression Off The Field
- 'Mental carnage' awaits those who fall through safety net cracks in rural Mississippi
- Letter: Elect leaders who back 'social safety net' of Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security
- Michigan State football: 5 early signing period players who should play as true freshmen
- MTSU football: Blue Raiders sign 14 players on first day of early signing period
- Could UK football really have a dozen players in the 2019 NFL draft?
- NJ football: At least seven GMC players expected to sign a letter of intent this week
- Do States Benefit From Restricting Safety-Net Eligibility Based on Wealth?
- Colleges creating safety net for recovering addicts
- Immigrants shouldn't be penalized for using social safety nets
Football to provide safety-net for unpaid players have 310 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at February 12, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.