Korean director Hong Sang-soo’s latest film, “The Woman Who Ran,” was unveiled on Wednesday at the ongoing Berlin International Film Festival.Hong’s 24th feature was selected to compete for the Golden Bear in the main competition section of the 70th edition of the event, which kicked off on Thursday and runs through March 1.“The Woman Who Ran” is a story about a woman who meets three friends while her husband is on a business trip and enjoys her conversations with them. Kim Min-hee, who is known to be in an extramarital relationship with the director, took the title role in the film.“When I start shooting, I don’t have a complete idea in terms of structure or narrative,” the director said during a press conference in Berlin. “I just start with some materials and see what happens, how I respond, and what comes out of that response.”He said he tried not to generalize the life or the existence of humanity in his new film.“The life or the being always surpasses any kind of generalization,” the art house filmmaker said, speaking in English. “The way I approach [it] in terms of making films is trying to push away all kinds of generalization, all… Read full this story
- Nollywood Film Festival Frankfurt 2020; call for submission of films opens
- Hope for a film industry struggling to adapt to corona
- Berlin 2015 review – To Love Without Demands: the torrid life and work of Rainer Werner Fassbinder
- Charlize Theron Wears a White Bra and Mini Skirt to the Atomic Blonde Berlin Premiere
- Cannes 2014: all the films we reviewed – which do you most want to see?
- Film Independent Unveils 2020 Project Involve Fellows
- The 25 best Tom Hanks films – ranked!
- Warner Bros UK Opens Harry Potter Tour
- 'Over one hour everything was cancelled' – how coronavirus devastated the film industry
- Final Destination at 20: the bleakest teen horror film ever made
Hong Sang-soo film opens in Berlin have 316 words, post on koreajoongangdaily.joins.com at February 27, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.