Young opener Shafali Verma scripted a T20I record after her quick-fire innings helped India edge New Zealand by four runs in their group A clash in the ongoing ICC Women’s T20 World Cup at Junction Oval in Melbourne on Thursday. Following this thrilling victory, India became the first team to enter semi-finals as this was their third win on the trot in the tournament. Also Read: Shafali, spinners shine as India beat New Zealand to enter semi-finalsIn three innings, Shafali has scored 114 runs in the tournament, including 11 boundaries and eight sixes — the latter is the highest so far. Her strike-rate is 172.7 after three innings, which is also the best in the competition. Overall, Shafali’s strike-rate reads 147.97 and she now holds the record for highest strike-rate in women’s T20Is (minimum 200 runs scored). South Africa’s Chloe Tyron and Australia’s Alyssa Healy complete the top three list.ICC took note of this Shafali record and took to social media to laud her. She’s 16 …https://t.co/YP6ri8NmXt— ICC (@ICC) February 27, 2020 Invited to bat, India posted a below-par 133 for eight against New Zealand in the crucial group A match with Shafali top-scoring with a 34-ball 46… Read full this story
- Cliftonville condemns behaviour of Jay Donnelly after sentencing for sharing indecent image of 16-year-old girl
- Body of 16-year-old girl found in derelict building
- Parents fear missing 16 year old has been snatched by criminal gang
- Missing 16-year-old Andreea Bardas found 'safe and well'
- Police release footage of last known sighting of missing 16-year-old Sheffield College student Pamela Horvathova
- Why the Women’s World Cup might be 2019’s biggest sporting event
- Murder rap arrest after body of 16-year-old girl found in derelict building
- Women's World Cup 2019: England to host Canada, Spain, Denmark and New Zealand in warm-up
- In Women's World Cup year, football's annuals should be normalising presence of female players to children
- Liverpool consider handing FA Cup debut to 16-year-old Ki-Jana Hoever
ICC Women’s T20 World Cup: 16-year-old Shafali Verma scripts record after New Zealand blitz have 325 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at February 27, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.