By Nicole Drum – February 8, 2020 02:36 pm EST Share 0 Comments 0 Streaming video content may be a convenient way to access your favorite entertainment, but it comes with some drawbacks, particularly the significant consumption of mobile data. But for users of Netflix’s Android app, there’s now a solution to that data drain. The streaming giant is rolling out support for the new AV1 video codec that, according to The Verge, compresses video 20 percent more efficiently than the current VP9 codec — something that reduces data use. The codec is currently available to be enabled only on selected titles when the “Save Data” option is enabled. It’s not clear which titles are included in that list.The AV1 codec is the product of a team-up with Amazon, Google, Intel, and other companies first announced back in 2015 that was set to develop a royalty-free codecs that would not only avoid licensing payments but reduce the amount of data required to stream video on mobile devices. While AV1 is currently only available on Android, Netflix plans to roll it out across all platforms. While the data-savings of AV1 is exciting, it’s something that may come with another tradeoff. According… Read full this story
- Netflix UK new movies and series releases for March 2020
- 80TB of Parler Posts, Videos, and Other Data Leaked by Security Researchers
- Better Call Saul season 4 Netflix release time: What time does the new series drop?
- K-pop band Monsta X release latest single "Kiss or Death" with new music video
- New Ring Video Doorbell Pro 2 Uses Radar Technology | Digital Trends
- Al Qaeda Releases New Video of Elderly American Hostage
- Mars: White House releases new ‘strategies’ for NASA Red Planet exploration
- How to save mobile data and minimise waste
- Turning off this iOS feature can help you save money on cellular data usage
- Netflix Releases The Trailer For The Documentary Series ‘Untold’
Netflix Releases New Kind of Video to Save on Cellular Data have 303 words, post on comicbook.com at February 8, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.