Email By April McLennan Updated February 19, 2020 17:29:15 Photo: St Helens has a population of just over 2,000, according to the most recent census. (ABC Northern Tasmania: Fred Hooper) Related Story: ‘We don’t want too many people coming here’: Tree changers finding ‘paradise’ Related Story: Why house prices keep going up in Tasmania when they’re dropping across the rest of Australia Related Story: Derby hopes to ride success of new mountain bike trail Map: Hobart 7000 The seaside town of St Helen’s on Tasmania’s east coast has long been an idyllic, sleepy holiday spot. Key points:Median house prices in St Helens on Tasmania’s east coast have risen from $267,500 in 2017 to $320,000 in 2019Mountain bike tracks for the region were announced in 2017, and real estate agents say bike tourism is fuelling the boomOn the flipside, locals are struggling to find rental accommodation But property prices have jumped almost 20pc in two years.With mountain bike riders looking for property investments in the area, the town has experienced an influx of buyers from interstate looking to move track-side.Anita Weekes and her dog Indie have lived at the same house in St Helens for about 15 years.After hearing reports the… Read full this story
- The town where you can earn $1,000 a week renting out a $500k property
- Property expert claims housing market boom will continue in ‘same direction as travel’
- Rightmove: Average asking price hits 'new high' but experts warn of shortfall in supply
- Dad's outrage as he's quoted £71,000 for week-long family holiday in UK
- Stamp duty holiday: Property expert claims 'large number' of buyers can still save £2,500
- Property investor 'frenzy' starts edging first home buyers out of the housing market
- Average house price falls as stamp duty holiday 'price inflation sugar rush' fades
- Waitrose effect: How living near a Waitrose could boost your property's value by £44,000
- Property: England's burglary hotspot unveiled after huge spike - tips to protect your home
- Property: Over 4.6m homes have surged in value by more than £30k - where does yours rank?
Property prices booming in Tasmanian holiday town of St Helens have 331 words, post on www.abc.net.au at February 19, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.