Yoghurt and curd are known to be good for you, because they provide protein and calcium, aid in digestion, and boost healthy gut bacteria. “These are both healing foods. They’re also a very good food plan component, since they are a healthy combination of carbohydrates, proteins and fats. They even boost the body’s absorption of Vitamin B12,” says Dr Komal Malik, head clinical nutritionist at Max Smart Hospital, Delhi.But there’s a twist. Curd and yoghurt can actually impair digestion, if you have a weak digestive system and eat them at night.“People with digestion issues such as acidity, acid reflux or indigestion should avoid yoghurt or curd at night as it can cause constipation when the system is sluggish and sleep-ready. But during the day, when the body is functioning at full capacity, these are healthy foods for anyone,” Dr Komal says. Meanwhile, to address a related query, here’s the difference between yoghurt and curd — yoghurt is produced through bacterial milk fermentation using cultures, while curd is produced by curdling milk with edible acidic substances such as lemon juice or vinegar.
- Mother-of-four who believes in ‘unschooling’ denies she’s 'neglectful' for letting her children choose what to learn and eat – and claims it makes them MORE hard-working
- Just win, baby? The equation isn’t so simple for minor-league pitchers
- Yeah, but does he eat chicken like Boggs?
- Mail-it-in Friday: Bears Nation has just about had enough of this
- When the Angels just kept digging…
- Just A Bit Outside: Diamondbacks struck gold in ’09 MLB draft
- Hilton apologizes after Cavs’ Irving claims he was bitten by bed bugs
- Kyle Larson is obsessed with TV — just not on Thanksgiving
- Parys Haralson on team returning home to Metairie: ‘I miss my bed’
- You DON'T need to cut out red meat: Scientists say official advice on eating less beef, pork and lamb is based on bad evidence and having it four times a week poses 'NO cancer risk'
Should you eat yoghurt just before bed? have 322 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at February 6, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.