Rolling Stone chart today — and then go take a look at their details on Amazon. At least three of the artists involved are not on simple, straight-up deals with major record companies. Drake and Future’s “Life Is Good” is signed to Sony’s Epic, but via Future’s own label, Freebandz; Nicki Minaj’s “Yikes” is claimed by Universal’s Republic Records, but via both Cash Money and Young Money — the latter being the imprint founded by Lil Wayne in 2007; Justin Bieber’s “Intentions” is out on another Universal label, Def Jam, but in tandem with Raymond-Braun Media Group (RBMG), the label co-owned by Bieber’s manager, Scooter Braun, and Usher. Without seeing the contracts of each of these artists, we can’t know the exact nature of their record deals. But we do know this: Such additions and caveats speak volumes about a modern music industry where artists (and/or their representatives) are getting paid a bigger cut of royalties than ever — and are giving away their rights for shorter durations. Related Ozzy Osbourne’s ‘Ordinary Man’ Album: 7 Things We Learned at SiriusXM Listening Inside the ‘Secret Committees’ That Quietly Run the Grammy Awards Related The 50 Best Movies of the 2010s Elvis… Read full this story
- Sexism is rife in classical music
- Why the male domination of classical music might be coming to an end
- March of the women: discovering classical music's forgotten voices
- 'It's crazy, for sure': meet the stars of Musical.ly
- 7 Problems With YouTube Music That Need Fixing Fast
- Her sick mom's care was costing her thousands and they 'didn't even give you sheets'
- Missouri Influencers say businesses, unions ‘need each other’ for economic growth
- Crime victims’ rights are up for a vote in NC – but they come with a cost
- Teens spend a 'mind-boggling' 9 hours a day using media, report says
- Drivers, artists set for Sprint Sound & Speed
Warner Music Group’s A&R Costs Say a Lot About How Much Labels Need to Spend on Artists in Today’s Music Industry have 307 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at February 16, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.