BORIS Johnson has been accused of being complacent over his own social distancing advice after he and Matt Hancock tested positive for coronavirus. The Prime Minister and Health Secretary announced yesterday they had Covid-19 and Chief Medical Officer Chris Whitty revealed he is self-isolating after coming down with symptoms. ⚠️ Read our coronavirus live blog for the latest news & updates Experts have criticised No10’s response to the coronavirus outbreak as “slow”. On Monday, millions around the UK watched Mr Johnson’s historic address where he ordered everyone to “stay at home” to help curb the spread of the killer bug. However, Mr Johnson continued to carry out his parliamentary duties this week, including Prime Minister’s Questions on Wednesday. Since Monday, the press briefings have been carried out by video link – but critics said this should have happened sooner.They have also pointed out senior government figures haven’t always kept a two metre distance from each other, in accordance with official advise. Dr John Ashton, a former regional director of Public Health England, said senior government figures testing positive for coronavirus show why the UK’s lockdown should have come sooner. He said: “The government has been too slow to act on… Read full this story
- Boris Johnson accused of bad taste for calling Brexit 'liberation'
- Boris Johnson accused of 'sitting on' report on Russian interference in UK elections
- Boris Johnson accuses Remainer MPs of holding Britain hostage and keeping country in a deadlock with Brexit delays
- UK's Boris Johnson fills Cabinet with close allies
- Boris Johnson 'suppressing' Russia report until after UK election, lawmakers say
- Jean-Claude Juncker's vicious parting shot for Boris Johnson
- Boris Johnson taunts John Bercow over a 'retirement longer than Frank Sinatra's'
- Cabinet reshuffle in full: All the MPs backed, sacked and cracked in Boris Johnson’s team
- Who is Health Secretary Matt Hancock and what is his stance on Brexit?
- Boris Johnson knows how to make himself the centre of attention in a way Theresa May never did
Boris Johnson accused of coronavirus complacency after he & Matt Hancock are diagnosed & Chris Whitty isolates himself have 335 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at March 28, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.