OAKLAND (CBS SF) — Word came down late Thursday evening, the week-long ordeal for Darla Curtis and the last remaining passengers aboard the coronavirus-stricken Grand Princess had come to an end. The final bus had been loaded at the Oakland dockside and those passengers were beginning the next phase of their return to a normal life. Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf’s office emailed KPIX 5 — “Yes, the state informed us the last passenger disembarked around 8 p.m.” Most will now be heading to one of four military bases across the United State for a secure, federally mandated 14-day period of quarantine. Curtis had reached out to KPIX.com on Thursday, pleading for someone, anyone, to press the case of the 200 or so passengers who were still held in their staterooms to finally be allowed to leave the ship, which has been moored in Oakland since Monday. “We do get an announcement from the captain three times a day,” she said in a phone. “Yesterday they said it was likely we get off the ship. Today they said it was likely we get off the ship.” But still she remained in her stateroom, with her one allowed carry-on packed and ready… Read full this story
- Bigg Boss 13: Makers Cancel 2-Week Extension; Show To Finally End In Mid February?
- Coronavirus scare: International airports in Kerala commence screening of passengers
- Australian Open: Serena Williams Aims To End Long Grand Slam Record Quest
- Why Adolf Eichmann’s final message remains so profoundly unsettling
- Megyn Kelly’s Trainwreck First Week of Liberal Celebrity Interviews Finally Ends
- 'The Biggest Loser' Alum Jillian Michaels Finalizes End of Domestic Partnership, Settles With Ex Heidi Michaels-Rhoades
- Girl's 5 Weeks of Hiccups Finally End
- China decides to end remaining 1-child policy, allowing all couples to have 2 children
- NYC St. Patrick’s Day Parade Finally Ends Ban on Openly Gay Groups
- FOUR patients are tested for suspected coronavirus in Scotland after returning from Wuhan with flu-like symptoms - as Health Secretary is urged to order checks on passengers on ALL flights from China
Coronavirus Update: Shipboard Ordeal Finally Ends For Last Remaining Grand Princess Passengers have 339 words, post on sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com at March 13, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.