Illustrative image. (Source: VNA) HCM City (VNA) – Japan will help the Mekong Delta province of Ben Tre to establish a climate-resilient agricultural value chain, said the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) Office in Vietnam on March 12. The JICA Office in Vietnam has signed a tripartite agreement with the Japan External Trade Organisation (JETRO) Office in Ho Chi Minh City and Ben Tre province which promotes cooperation in three specific areas – establishment of a climate-resilient agricultural value chain; improvement of investment environment and promotion of high quality investment in Ben Tre, particularly those by Japanese enterprises; and personnel training for agricultural development and investment promotion via Japanese cultural exchanges and language courses within the framework of JICA and JETRO’s programmes. The JICA will actively implement results of ODA projects and surveys under the Japanese Enterprises Proposing Programme while the JETRO will provide support and information for Japanese firms investing in Ben Tre. The JICA has been providing Ben Tre with both “structural” (infrastructure development under loan projects) and “non-structural” (policy and technical assistance) support, such as the “Ben Tre Water Management” loan project aiming to help the province tackle climate change issues, like saltwater intrusion and shortage of… Read full this story
- Measures sought to boost Vietnam’s share in global agricultural value chains
- Vietnam, Australia seek to create hi-tech agricultural value chain
- Agriculture businesses forge connection to join global value chains
- 'Singing' ice helps keep eye on climate change
- Ben Tre “Coconut Kingdom” attractive with unique tourism products
- PM suggests New Zealand support Vietnam with dragon fruit value chain
- Local agro products must join global value chain to advance: official
- From tree to market: Central region develops handicraft value chain
- 'Compressed programmes and lack of resources across the industry is applying pressure throughout the value chain'
- News.Az — Your Window to the RegionWB to help Azerbaijan to increase productivity in agriculture
Japan helps Ben Tre to establish climate-resilient agricultural value chain have 311 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at March 12, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.