Smoothing out the black satin sheets and checking her make-up in the reflection of her mirrored headboard, 22-year-old Sandra Bates lay naked on her bed as she awaited the arrival of actor Warren Beatty, her suitor for the evening. They had never met, but Beatty, who was then 30 and had just finished making the film Bonnie And Clyde with Faye Dunaway, had spotted the stunning redhead working at the Playboy Club in London’s Mayfair and asked a friend to pass on his number. When she called, he suggested visiting her at the flat she rented near the club, and the order that she should be wearing no clothes was just one in a list of very specific instructions given on that night in 1967. Sandra Bates in her bunny girl uniform at Playboy. From the book: How to be a Kept Woman Sandra was also to leave her front door unlocked and keep her eyes closed when he entered her bedroom, as well as throughout their lovemaking. Most important of all, she says, she was to pretend that she had no idea who he was, referring to him only as ‘The Phantom’. All this was bizarre enough, but Beatty… Read full this story
- Biggest books of autumn 2020: what to read in a very busy year
- The night Hell was unleashed on London: 80 years ago, Nazi Germany launched the biggest bombing raid ever seen. Here, hour-by-hour in chilling detail, JONATHAN MAYO documents the horror
- The Lord wanted me as a lover... but it was like clutching death: Torn between a cheating husband she adored and a lustful but unattractive peer, BARBARA AMIEL faced a dilemma - and, as she reveals in a second extract from her new memoir, it cost her dear
- 30 Hollywood Classics Streaming for Free in the Public Domain
- Oliver Stone On The Turbulent Coming Of Age Of A Legendary Filmmaker In ‘Chasing The Light’: Exclusive Excerpts
The British bunny who hopped into bed with a Warren! Mr Beatty wasn't the only Lothario to fall for Sandra Bates - sixty years after the Playboy Club opened, her unabashed memoir recalls flings with Sean Connery, George Best... and Kojak have 315 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at March 20, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.