[This briefing has ended. Read the latest updates on the coronavirus epidemic here .] The U.S. caseload has surpassed 1,000. As the nation scrambled to understand the scope of the escalating public health crisis, the number of known cases of coronavirus infection in the United States surpassed 1,000 on Tuesday night, signaling that the coronavirus was spreading widely in communities on both coasts and in the center of the country. [Update: Trump's unilateral travel ban leaves Americans in Europe scrambling to get home .] America's first known coronavirus case was announced on Jan. 21 in Washington State. Six weeks later, the number of cases had risen to 70, most of them tied to overseas travel. But since then, new case reports have poured in, first by the dozens, then the hundreds. A majority of the cases have been in Washington State, California or New York, where everyday life swiftly began to change. Businesses closed. Colleges canceled class. Governors urged people to avoid crowds. [Read: Tom Hanks got sick in Australia, where coronavirus testing is a snap .] But the virus is now found in every region of the country, including Massachusetts, where dozens of new cases were announced on Tuesday,… Read full this story
- Coronaviruses: Symptoms, Treatments and Variants
- The New Virus That’s Threatening Your Health
- MERS Virus Spreads To Egypt, 26 More Cases Reported In Saudi Arabia
- Infection: Types, causes, and differences
- Press Release Announces World’s First Case of Cured Ebola
- Superbug apocalypse rapidly approaching as nearly one-quarter of infections now UNTREATABLE with first line antibiotics
- Hundreds of Thousands Could Have Sexually Transmitted Infection—and Not Even Realize It
- What are the adult health consequences of childhood bullying?
- 10 Visual Signs You May Have a Health Problem
- Semen Quality Linked to Overall Health
U.S. Cases of Coronavirus Surpass 1,000; British Health Minister Is Infected have 284 words, post on www.nytimes.com at March 10, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.