At a time when over 12,000 Bihar students stranded in Kota of Rajasthan and their parents have regularly been appealing to the State government for their early evacuation, the government, in a reply to the Patna High Court on April 23, said though it was “sensitive to the plight of stranded students, bringing them back would amount to violation of lockdown guidelines”.On April 23, a group of students observed a silent protest in Kota while sending out an SOS to the Bihar government to move them back as soon as possible.The students are stuck in different hostels and paying guest accommodations in Kota, where they went to join engineering and medical coaching institutes to crack competitions.Earlier, the Uttar Pradesh government had sent as many as 300 buses to Kota to bring back the State’s stranded students.On April 23, 38 students from Dadar and Nagar Haveli and six from Diu too left by three buses, while 18 buses from Assam and 31 buses with students from Haryana are ready to leave Kota on April 24, said a report.‘Situation pathetic’“My son told me the situation is pathetic there as they are not getting proper food or other facilities as mess, canteen and… Read full this story
- South Africa: Velaphi Khumalo Tells Court His Facebook Post About Whites Not Hate Speech
- Looking back: Famous US Supreme Court dissents
- Uganda: 50 Secondary Students Suspended Over Strike
- Uganda: Promote Cultural Values for Tourism, Kabaka Tells Government
- IIM-Ahmedabad students prefer serving society over corporate internships
- Nigeria: Court Orders National Assembly to Begin Impeachment of Buhari
- Uganda: Makerere Students Reject 15 Percent Tuition Increment
- Zimbabwe: Zim Govt Adopts Manual for Treating Gays, Sex Workers At Health Centres
- Trump's travel ban stranded her. Then America welcomed her.
- Live-streaming of court proceedings can be undertaken: Centre tells Supreme Court
Bihar govt tells court it can’t bring back students stranded in Kota have 288 words, post on www.thehindu.com at April 24, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.