A BRAVE intensive care nurse diagnosed with rare cancer just weeks after her dream wedding has died of the disease. Julia Cullen, 27, from Hartlepool, won plaudits for her no-holds-barred insight into life battling a rare form of leukaemia. The fit and healthy nurse fell ill just weeks after marrying her beloved fiance, Peter, 29, in October 2018. She underwent gruelling treatment programmes to combat the disease – only for it to return aggressively in February. Julia died at home in her sleep last week surrounded by her devastated family. She lost her mum, Cath, who was also a nurse, to the cruel disease four years ago.Heartbroken Peter wrote on Facebook: “I need to let everybody who knew my beautiful wife Julia Cullen know that tonight she unfortunately passed away after a long battle with leukaemia.HEARTBROKEN “She went peacefully in her sleep surrounded by her family. Thank you for all for your support during this difficult past year. “Goodnight darling be at peace I will never forget you.” Julia’s dad Graham, 57, sister Louisa, 28, brother Ste, 41, and twin Jack tragically lost their mum, Cath, 61, also a nurse, to bowel cancer in May 2016.The family has now launched… Read full this story
- Engaged couple move wedding date up after they are both diagnosed with cancer eight days apart
- Families of teens diagnosed with rare cancers form unique bond
- Man dies just weeks before he's released from prison as he planned to marry 'soulmate'
- Salute to Nurses 2022 spotlights Top 15 Nurse winners
- Deborah James reveals heartbreak as she faces death without seeing children’s weddings in poignant final message
- Man rushed to marry after wife diagnosed with 'largest tumour doctor had ever seen'
- Deborah James in tears as BowelBabe Fund hits staggering £2MILLION just hours after final heartbreaking podcast
- Breast cancer: What are the symptoms and how to check for the disease?
- I’m a mum-of-3 dying of ovarian cancer at 27 – trolls say I’m FAKING it as I look too pretty to be ill
- Dad's rapid weight loss diagnosed after thinking he 'just worked too hard'
Brave intensive care nurse, 27, diagnosed with rare cancer just weeks after dream wedding dies of disease have 334 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at April 30, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.