From left: Chung Jae-won poses with an overall third-place trophy in Mokdong, western Seoul, on March 16. Chung reacts after winning the men’s mass start race at the ISU World Cup Speed Skating Final in Heerenveen in the Netherlands on March 8. [KIM SUNG-RYONG, XINHUA/YONHAP]Born on June 21, 2001, Chung Jae-won made headlines at the 2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympics by becoming the youngest Korean speed skater to win a medal at the Games. He was just 16, and the victory also earned him an exemption from serving his mandatory military service. In the team pursuit event at PyeongChang, Team Korea – which comprised of Chung, Lee Seung-hoon and Kim Min-seok – won silver. At the time, Chung was the youngest speed skater on the Korean national team after joining just five months prior to the Winter Olympics. Along with age, he also made headlines for helping his fellow teammate Lee Seung-hoon win gold in the men’s mass start race at PyeongChang. In the speed skating mass start race, where all the skaters race 16 laps at the same time, Chung set the pace for Lee so Lee could save his energy until the end to make his final spurt for… Read full this story
- Ireland's Wright struggles to reel in pace setters at World Athletics Champions
- Pace-setter: Lower Dauphin’s Clayton Ulrey is a state title contender who always wrestles 6 frenzied minutes
- Ray Charlie Morton’s shocking idea on how to speed up pace of play
- Driver speeds past vehicle in W. Wisconsin, dies in crash
- New England Patriots' Patrick Chung clarifies, but won’t apologize, for ‘kick their ass’ comment
- They moved to make way for California’s high-speed rail. Now they wonder if it was for nothing
- No charges filed in high-speed police chase from Wilmington to Philly
- Did Pace make a clout hiring, or are critics making 'absurd claims'?
- Virginia lawmakers OK speed cameras in work zones
- Battle between Trump and California heats up with high-speed rail funding and border wall taking center stage
Chung Jae-won speeds past being a pace setter have 332 words, post on koreajoongangdaily.joins.com at April 3, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.