To keep our community informed of the most urgent coronavirus news, The San Francisco Chronicle’s critical updates are free to read. Ongoing coverage is available to subscribers. Subscribe now for full access and to support our work. Total coronavirus cases: • 31,512 in California, including 1,175 deaths. • 6,313 in the Bay Area, including 199 deaths. • 755,533 in the U.S., including 41,379 deaths. The five states with the highest death tolls are New York with 19,428; New Jersey with 4,362; Michigan with 2,308; Massachusetts with 1,560 and Louisiana with 1,296. Click here to see a U.S. map with state-by-state death tolls and coronavirus case counts. • More than 2.3 million in the world, with nearly 165,000 deaths. More than 611,000 people have recovered. Coronavirus cases by city: For detailed maps and new city-by-city Bay Area data, check out The Chronicle’s Coronavirus Tracker. To get regular updates on our coverage, sign up for our coronavirus newsletter. Latest developments from Sunday: Related Stories LocalChronicle Staff ReportCoronavirus hits Bay Area: What residents need to knowCoronavirus Map: Tracking COVID-19 cases across California 5:05 p.m. Trump defends his tweets that said to “liberate” states: President Trump was asked Sunday if he was inciting violence… Read full this story
- 67 percent of Bay Area homeless are unsheltered. In New York, it's 5%.
- With new grant program, Bay Area spreads electric cars to low-income drivers
- Report: Where the rich and the poor move when they leave the Bay Area
- Unmuzzled by Legislature’s subpoena, Bay Area woman backs workers’ rights bill
- Bay Area has wide range of options to get your medical marijuana card
- The best Bay Area dispensaries for seniors
- Rare cop-owned drone in California could fly over Bay Area soon
- Multiple Bay Area school districts to close schools on Friday
- Bay Briefing: Oakland passed fee to fund new housing. After three years, it’s produced none
- ‘Punched in the stomach.’ San Pablo senior-assisted living facility to close
Coronavirus live updates: Bay Area hospitalizations reach April low have 300 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at April 20, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.