New Delhi: Sachin Tendulkar said that it was he who suggested to then Indian captain M S Dhoni that the latter should promote himself to No. 5 instead of sending the in-form Yuvraj Singh so as to keep the left-right combination going in the 2011 World Cup final against Sri Lanka. Tendulkar had earlier asked Sehwag to sit with him in the dressing room and not go out to the balcony after the pair got out. “I came back to the dressing room after I got out and went and sat in my seat. During the quarterfinal, against Australia, after our (Tendulkar & Sehwag’s) partnership, I had returned to the dressing room and was lying down on the physio’s table and Viru was next to me. We hadn’t moved. Even this time (at Wankhede), coincidentally, Viru happened to be there and I asked him to sit next to me and not move,” he said.
- Rampant South Africa beat England in the Rugby World Cup final by 32 points to 12: Springboks crush the dreams of Owen Farrell and his teammates as Prince Harry watches from the stands
- Scantily Clad Pitch Invader Foiled At Cricket World Cup Final
- New Zealand Coach Gary Stead Wants Rules Review After "Hollow" World Cup Final
- Malaysia a formidable foe, warns Vietnam coach ahead of World Cup qualifier
- Megan Rapinoe Injury Update: Will USWNT Star Play in World Cup Final?
- Fans hail ‘best day of sports ever’ as epic Wimbledon and Cricket World Cup finals go down to the wire
- Ange Postecoglou quits as Socceroos coach ahead of World Cup
- Watching the World Cup Final: Of Loss and Longing
- David Beckham and his sons at the World Cup final
- I struggled to hold back my tears when MS Dhoni got out in World Cup semis: Yuzvendra Chahal
I suggested Dhoni to bat ahead of Yuvraj in World Cup final: Tendulkar have 300 words, post on english.manoramaonline.com at April 5, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.