Video PlayerClose NEW DELHI, April 15 (Xinhua) — India’s overall exports, including merchandise and services are estimated to be 528.45 billion U.S. dollars during the financial year April 2019-March 2020, exhibiting a negative growth of 1.36 percent over the same period last year, said official trade data released on Wednesday. Overall imports during this period are estimated to be 598.61 billion U.S. dollars, exhibiting a negative growth of 6.33 percent over the same period last year, added the data. Merchandise exports in March 2020 were 21.41 billion U.S. dollars, as compared to 32.72 billion U.S. dollars in March 2019, a negative growth of 34.57 percent. The decline in merchandise exports has been mainly due to the ongoing global slowdown, which got aggravated due to the current novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic crisis, which disrupted chains of supply and demand resulting in cancellation of orders. Cumulative value of merchandise exports for the period April 2019-March 2020 was 314.31 billion U.S. dollars as against 330.08 billion U.S. dollars, registering a negative growth of 4.8 percent. Imports in March 2020 were 31.16 billion U.S. dollars, which was 28.72 percent lower over imports of 43.72 billion U.S. dollars in March 2019. Cumulative value of imports… Read full this story
- A Reauthorized U.S. Export-Import Bank is Central to U.S. Commercial Success in Africa
- Export-Import Bank of United States Open for Business
- Chinese Lunar New Year 2019: Year Of The Pig Explained
- Export-Import Bank in Focus for Financial Services Lawmakers
- Rashesh Shah sees growth returning post March 2020
- Steel sector expects 22 percent growth this year
- Officer Trainee (Legal) Vacancy at Export- Import Bank of India
- Will the Export-Import Bank be Reauthorized?
- Northamptonshire library service reduced by a fifth this financial year
- Till date India has not witnessed any lady CJI; Justice Poonam Srivastava
India's exports, imports witness negative growth in financial year 2019-2020 have 285 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at April 15, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.