Prime Minister Scott Morrison has spoken to President Donald Trump about how the World Health Organisation can ‘improve’ after both leaders criticised how it dealt the coronavirus pandemic. Mr Morrison called Mr Trump at around midday on Wednesday (AEST) and later tweeted about the conversation. He said they discussed strategies to relax coronavirus restrictions and also the WHO’s response to the deadly virus which has infected 2.5million people globally. Prime Minister Scott Morrison has spoken to President Donald Trump (pictured together in September) on the phone about how the World Health Organisation can ‘improve’ Mr Morrison called Mr Trump at around midday on Wednesday (AEST) and later tweeted about the conversation The WHO has come under fire for being slow to declare a pandemic, telling nations not to shut their borders and praising China’s response despite the country’s attempt to cover-up the spread of the disease by silencing whistleblowers. President Trump accused the organisation of being ‘China-centric’ and vowed to cut funding. Mr Morrison has also criticised the WHO – particularly over its refusal to ban wet markets – but has said Australia will not walk away from funding the organisation. In his tweets after the call, Mr Morrison wrote: ‘We had… Read full this story
- Donald Trump asked Australia to help investigate the Mueller probe. What's it got to do with impeachment?
- Bushfires stopped Scott Morrison from going to India, but will his absence matter?
- Indonesian 12yo activist tells Scott Morrison to take back Australia's waste
- Democrats turn their fire on Donald Trump: Debating 2020 candidates ignore each other's records to slam president as a LIAR over Iran
- Donald Trump could be damaged by the whistleblower complaint but Joseph Maguire's testimony leaves little impact
- Donald Trump unleashes his loyalists to swarm the well of the Senate: President's firebrand defenders including Jim Jordan and Mark Meadows are out on his impeachment defense team
- Mike Pompeo Restores Strength to Donald Trump’s State Department
- Why Celebrities Endorse Donald Trump
- How Donald Trump became Deutsche Bank's biggest headache
- China coronavirus death toll hits 17, over 470 infected
Scott Morrison calls Donald Trump to discuss holding the WHO to account for pandering to China over the coronavirus pandemic - and says US and Australia are 'best mates' have 336 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at April 22, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.