Washington: US President Donald Trump has said he would be surprised if India did not allow the export of Hydroxychloroquine tablets to the United States despite a request made to New Delhi over the subject. Last week Trump said that he has sought help from Prime Minister Narendra Modi to allow the sale of Hydroxychloroquine tablets ordered by the US to treat the growing number of coronavirus patients in his country, hours after India banned the export of the anti-malarial drug. I would be surprised if he would, you know, because India does very well with the United States, Trump told reporters during a press briefing at the White House on Monday. Hydroxychloroquine tablet is used to prevent and treat malaria, lupus and rheumatoid arthritis, among other ailments. The drug is seen as to offer a viable therapeutic solution to coronavirus that has so far taken the lives of more than 10,000 Americans and infected over 3.6 lakhs, just in a matter of weeks. Last month, India imposed a ban on export on Hydroxychloroquine, on which Trump is now banking heavily in the treatment of COVID-19 patients. India has received similar requests from several other countries including its immediate neighbours… Read full this story
- Trump says coronavirus is 'very mild', believes infected patients can get better without seeing a doctor, insists the WHO 3.4% fatality rate is 'false' and accuses the Dems of 'weaponizing' virus against him
- Demonetisation casts a grim shadow over India's exports
- India rejects global criticism of CAA, Delhi violence; calls comments ‘irresponsible’
- Donald Trump says he had a great time in India with ‘great friend’ PM Modi
- Donald Trump Says He'd 'Love' to Face Stacey Abrams in 2020: 'To Run for President You're Supposed to Have Won'
- Ignore Everything Trump Says About Coronavirus
- Trump says he last spoke to Obama at Bush funeral: I said 'hello' and 'goodbye'
- Trump Says He'll Be Working on His 73rd Birthday: 'There's...Plenty of Time to Take It Easy'
- Trump says he will make coronavirus statement Wednesday night
- Trump says he will 'temporarily hold off' on declaring Mexican drug cartels as terror organization
Trump says there will be 'retaliation' if India rejects export of Hydroxychloroquine have 349 words, post on english.manoramaonline.com at April 7, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.