Rome (CNN)”The doctors were shocked. They said they had never seen anything like this,” says Valentina Vigilante, recalling the terrifying day her 6-year-old son Nicolò was rushed into intensive care in Bergamo, northern Italy, as he struggled to breathe. “I feared he was going to die. Then, they intubated my child.” This was the moment that doctors finally diagnosed Nicolò with a rare condition, known as multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children, or MIS-C. Britain’s National Health Service, the World Health Organization and the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) are now issuing alerts to pediatricians to be on the lookout for cases. While not all affected children test positive for the coronavirus, the CDC and physicians in Britain believe the syndrome comes as a result of the body’s reaction to infection with Covid-19. Nicolo relaxes at home after his return from hospital. Parents must also understand the dangers, says Vigilante, a 35-year-old nurse. “We must exchange information about what is going on in our countries because my pediatrician did not even know what was happening at first.” Read More “Today a child can’t be seen easily because of Covid. I couldn’t bring him because the doctor’s office was… Read full this story
- 15-Year-Old Jhosy Getson Portillo Shot & Killed In Southeast Baltimore Tuesday Afternoon
- Hanoi city’s leader asks to strictly handle case of 3-year-old abused girl
- Lea Michele says becoming a mother to her now one-year-old son Ever Leo Reich 'softened' her
- Mother, 49, admits starving her 24-year-old Down's Syndrome daughter to death
- Adalia Rose, A Disability Advocate And YouTuber, Has Died. She Was 15 Years Old.
- "Mommy hugs, I scared": 3-year-old's heartbreaking plea before being put on a ventilator
- College student brain dead, 9-year-old in coma after Astroworld tragedy
- Terminally-ill teen donates his life savings to help six-year-old beat cancer
- 25-Year-Old Singer Latest Suicide in Korean Pop's Human Rights Crisis
- Brave Isla Caton, 7, dies after 5-year cancer fight that saw family sell possessions
How a Kawasaki-like syndrome left this 6-year-old fighting for his life on a ventilator have 323 words, post on edition.cnn.com at May 25, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.