Citing consumer research from data analytics and market research company IRI, The Hill reported Friday that Americans have been rediscovering their love of cooking and baking at home since the start of the COVID-19 novel coronavirus pandemic. Researchers have observed increased demand for common baking goods and cooking staples found in most supermarkets and grocery stores. While frozen pizza sales have gone up, hot-and-ready meals and deli meats prepared in-house by stores have seen a decline in purchases over the past few months. According to industry analysts that spoke with the outlet, the recent buying habits of Americans come as a reversal of trends that have accelerated over the past four decades. Out of all the baking products now in high demand, one particular morsel is seeing a dramatic year-over-year rise: the chocolate chip. “We’re making chocolate chip cookies. I made chocolate chip cookies. They were excellent, by the way,” Neil Stern, a senior partner at consulting firm McMillanDoolittle, told The Hill. “The sales mix looks like it did back in 1980,” when more people cooked at home, he added. Stern currently consults for clients in the grocery industry. FMI – The Food Industry Association reported in a Thursday blog… Read full this story
- ‘It’s All About Being Proactive’: Pa. Nursing Homes To Take Precautions Amid COVID-19 Concerns
- Hoi An attractive to foreign tourists amid Covid-19 outbreak
- Vietnam Airlines reports huge loss amid Covid-19 outbreak
- Major airports halt passenger flights from S. Korea amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Online market vibrant amid Covid-19 outbreak
- Coronavirus: What happens when a COVID-19 pandemic is declared?
- Supermarkets speed up online selling amid Covid-19 outbreak
- Businesses seek Government support amid Covid-19 losses
- World must prepare for potential COVID-19 pandemic says WHO
- Sharp contraction in Vietnam’s manufacturing output amid COVID-19 disruption
More US Consumers Cooking at Home, Producing Less Food Waste Amid COVID-19 Pandemic have 295 words, post on sputniknews.com at May 30, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.