(CNN)President Donald Trump hosts his Cabinet at the White House on Tuesday as he continues attempts to rid his administration of officials deemed disloyal, even amid a global health crisis. Trump’s Cabinet meetings are frequently colored by elaborate demonstrations of loyalty by the heads of his agencies and departments. Tuesday’s comes as Trump stretches the limits of presidential power by dismissing inspectors general and inserting himself into Justice Department investigations into political rivals. Trump hadn’t yet convened a Cabinet meeting at the White House this year as he weathered an impeachment trial that was followed by the coronavirus pandemic. Tuesday’s will look different from his past sessions because officials will meet in the East Room, which provides more space than the West Wing Cabinet Room for officials to spread out. The coronavirus outbreak has dominated most agencies’ work for the past months, though recent actions have demonstrated that the work begun earlier this year to install more loyalists across the government continues apace. Trump was angered by the number of administration officials who provided unflattering testimony during the impeachment proceedings and instructed aides to find ways to replace or undermine them. Read More Obama White House portrait unveiling not expected… Read full this story
- Trump moves to install loyalists
- Republicans Are Trashing the Law to Keep Trump’s Taxes Secret
- FEMA Administrator Brock Long Backs Trump in Questioning Puerto Rico Death Toll
- Donald Trump is doing business with a controversial Azerbaijani oligarch
- Nielsen Isn’t the Problem With Trump’s Immigration Policies
- Bob Corker could land in Cabinet of Trump administration
- Who has Trump picked for his Cabinet so far?
- FIFA scandal roundup: UK official concerned Sepp Blatter will install member of 'old guard' to lead world soccer
- Bevin wants Trump to 'gut' the US EPA
- Trump risks his stature, agenda if he doesn't rise above critics like Corker
Trump hosts Cabinet as his bid to install loyalists continues have 306 words, post on edition.cnn.com at May 19, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.